Monday, May 9, 2011

One Perfect Hour

Today I had a perfect hour of being a mommy to Charlie.  Charlie was a little grumpy today.  He went down for a nap, but only slept for 20 minutes.  I peeked in to check on him and he caught me.  I picked him up and he immediately snuggled in and closed his eyes.  Leila was napping and Aunt Katie had Mackey downstairs, so I figured 'What the Heck?' I sat down in the recliner and figured he would sleep for 5-10 more minutes.  After 15 minutes, I realized just how comfy he was.  For a solid hour, it was just me and Charlie.  I forgot about the laundry in the washer and dryer, the countless bottles that needed washed and I just held him.  He smiled in his sleep and I just got to sit there and thoroughly enjoy it.  This might not sound like much, but as a mom of infant triplets, these opportunities are few and far between. I am actually tearing up as I type this.  As hard as I try, there are just not many chances to be a mommy to just one baby at a time.  I would not trade any of these munchkins for anything, sometimes I just fear that they are getting a little short changed.  I am sure I will elaborate on these feelings at some point, but this is a happy post! I am so thankful I had this chance to just cuddle with the little man.  He woke up happy and although I did not sleep, I felt amazingly refreshed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment